Alcoholics Anonymous
Kawartha District 86
 
For Information on Local A.A. Please Call the Central Office or E-mail A.A.
 
Home Meeting List 12 Steps 12 Traditions Announcements Links Archives

Kawartha District A.A. Archives



Our Kawartha District A.A. History

The First A.A. Group in Peterborough started in members' homes in April of 1948.
This Group was called the Lift Lock Group.
Prior to this, members from Peterborough met while attending A.A. meetings in Toronto.
By August of 1948 there were enough members to rent the Dixon House on Park St. N.
In early 1957 the Group moved to the Stone School at the corner of Rubidge and Hunter.
A second Group was formed in 1957 and a third Group followed in 1961.
Today there are 22 groups that meet in Peterborough and vicinity.

(Kawartha District A.A. History Book Available Soon in PDF Format.)